Sunday, September 24, 2006

Chinese Shrimp

The recipe I had had no measurements. I winged it, and even then didn’t measure quantities (like a dumbass). The quantities listed are close, but not scientific. Experiment and enjoy.

3 green onions, minced
1Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2lb shrimp, peeled, little tails set aside
Peanut oil
¼ cup soy sauce
3-4Tbps sugar

Stir fry green onions in a little peanut oil about 1min – Set aside
Stir fry ginger (add oil if necessary) about 1min and set aside
Stir fry shrimp tails in about 1Tbsp of oil until crispy, and set aside
Add about 1/2Tbsp of oil to the wok/pan
Add shrimp, ginger and green onion
Stir fry on medium heat until shrimp just turn pink
Add soy sauce and sugar
Cook/reduce until caramelized

Eat shrimp
Eat crispy shrimp tails on the side or mixed in with the shrimp

++++++++++

I figure these might be good with hot Asian chiles too.
Doing thinly sliced beef, pork or chicken might work as a variation